About ALAPP 2016
The 6th International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP), which will be hosted by Centre for Internationalisation and Parallel Language Use (CIP) and held at University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 3 – 5 November 2016 under the general heading of Transnational flows and professional practice.
The conference aims to bring together scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds, especially language and communication research, particularly in relation to various specialized areas of research, including management, business, law, journalism, education, healthcare, social care, translation and interpreting.
Conference themes include
- Transnational flows and multilingualism in the professions
- Identity construction in professional communication
- Use of lingua franca in professional encounters
- Multimodality in professional practice
- Professional practice, discourse and the new media
- The role of translation and interpreting in professional practice
- Language policy and practice in the professions
- Linguistic training for professionals
The conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice is closely related to the Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. For more information about the journal and link ALAPP membership registration, visit the journal website.